That is right folks! We finally after years have Twinkies, KingDongs, Cupcake substitutes. They taste just like the real thing. I am in heaven. Junk food heaven I tell ya!
However as good as it is...There are just a few things missing that I miss from the states. Here are the top 10 food items I crave but cannot get in Saltillo.
1. Dinty Moore beef stew. Dad used to make this on thin pepperidge farm bread toasted and buttered. Oh my was it good! Yeah I wish they had this here in Saltillo.
2. Eggnog- We do not get eggnog down here. Boy I miss it alot especially at Christmas time.
3. Yeo´s lychee drink- If you have never tried this it is like a little slice of heaven in your mouth. It is SO good. They do get lychees down here but not the full drink like above. I used to buy it by the case in Atlanta.
4. Mello Yello- They have most of the soft drinks down here except this one. I remember sugarhighed out of my mind watching HBO drinking these by the can. Oh good times.
5. Overstuffed ravioli- There is ravioli down here but it is the kind ya gotta soak in water and cook then add your own sauce etc. Boy I really miss the Chef Boyardee Ravioli though. That and the above Mello Yello and I could call it a day.
6. Smucker´s mint jelly- We get the Strawberry, peach jelly down here but not mint. Mint Jelly is an acquired taste mind you but I used to love it as a kid.
7. Smucker´s Orange Jelly- I cannot believe I cannot find this down here in Saltillo. You would think it would be really common to get but it is not available so far.
8. Fanta grape soda- The best. I loved it when the Dreadnoks from Gi Joe would have this in the comic and cartoon. I JUST found some Fanta grape at a little tienda the other day BUT it was in a bottle. I need the canned version.
9. Entenmann´s chocolate donuts- These are so awesome. Even better were the milk chocolate kind that came out a few years later.
10. Peppermint ice cream- Oh yeah! Another Christmas classic that I miss was this spicy concoction.
Well that is it. Get crackin Saltillo!