A blog about Monster Cafe Saltillo, toys, and whatnot.
Thursday, October 30, 2014
My latest obsessions...
I thought I would do a top 10 list of the things I am actively trying to collect lately..
1. SUPER POWERS- I have Superman restored so he is checked off. Now I gotta get the others. I prefer incompletes as I can restore them myself and are usually cheaper.
2. SECRET WARS FIGURES- the two go hand in hand right? I already have Hobgoblin so he is crossed off the list. I would love Dr. Doom and Magneto because I am imagining putting capes on them and making them my version of complete.
3.STAR WARS AND REACTION- I am more focused on Star Wars than reaction right now for sure. I feel I must collect the old stuff before I even start on the new. I have a few figures but it is only 15 or so thanks to BuzzChuck! I am not even interested in ROTJ stuff. Only the first two movies will do for me. God would I love an Alien and a Wampa...
4. BATMAN ANIMATED- I have Croc, Phantasm, Joker, and Mad Hatter but that is only scratching the surface. They released alot that I didn't know about back in the day.
5. THESE 3 MEGOS- I never had many but I had these three in the past. There was a blurb on the Mego Museum forums that soon figsinc. will be persuing the Marvel License. I can only hope for reissues of these! I would almost want naked Megos to restore them. It is so much more fun.
6. HALLOWEEN GURLEY CANDLE SKULL- the one on the left. THAT WAS halloween to me as a kid. I gotta have it for the Monster Cafe one day.
7. IMAGINEERING VAMPIRE BLOOD BOTTLE- This was another favorite of mine in my warped childhood. All I want is the bottle. It can be empty for all I care. But at $75 on Ebay I will be in for a long wait.
8. GI JOE PLAYSETS- from 1982-1986. I for some reason do not even want the figures. I just thought the playsets were cooler. I have the APC but that is it. Gotta get my joes back. Especially this one the Outpost Defender. This was SO cool!
9. AMAZING SPIDERMAN 200-250- Those were my Spidey issues. I have 224 and 232 so they are out....But the others scream my childhood to me.
10. WINNIE THE POOH LAMP- This lamp was by my bedside to keep the monsters away when I was a kid. I will always look on it fondly and will own one one day. Besides the lamp I currently have SUCKS! I have to use pliers to turn it off.