Friday, March 22, 2013

Oh lookie lookie....

Just a small update....We do not open the cafe until 4 pm.  Guess who came knocking on it's doors at 2 pm?   That is right....The ever lovin Elders.  So the blogpost is out now....What possible reason could they be calling after these past few years....We didn't open the door but we saw them.  They didn't see us.

Like Raymond Franz said in is book about Peter Gregerson....See Peter was a Witness who had renounced his faith in the Watchtower society.  Raymond had not but still remained friends with him.  They had a meal together at a public restaurant.  The Elders found out about it.  They disfellowshipped Raymond JUST for having a meal with someone no longer a witness.  The witnesses use this verse...

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer who is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or verbally abusive, a drunkard or a swindler. Do not even eat with such a person.

If someone no longer wishes to be a witness do the above automatically apply?  I mean I have left.  Does that make me greedy or a drunkard or a swindler?  No it does not.  So witnesses twist and turn such scriptures to make themselves seperate from people.  In a sense to control others.

Edit- Turns out the Elder emailed me with a invitation for the Memorial.  Should I go and partake?  Wifey thinks it would be like spitting at them and disrespectful.  Although I am just tempted to email the blog post and be done with it.  Isn't it funny...They are SO concerned with my spirituality that even though the sign outside says we open at 4 pm they STILL come at 2 pm....and instead of grabbing lunch to come back at 4....He emails instead.  Way to cop out!

12 comments:

  1. Any religion that gives power over me to people who can barely manage their own lives is not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stay away from them Hobby you will be better off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on it! They use fear and intimidation to scare ones.

      Delete
    2. Sounds like Imperial tactics.

      Delete
  3. Have you read "I'm Perfect, You're Doomed?" by Kyria Abrahams? My wife is an ex-witness too and she thought it was in equal parts funny and creepy. The book is also by an ex-witness, and my wife said it could have been written by her since her experiences were so eerily similar. But there's some laughter in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't. But did you read my blog post a few days ago about my experience as one? I will get that book one day.

      Delete
  4. I say absolutely not!!! Good choice if decided not too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...It is just going to be surreal when my friends of 20 years turn on me.

      Delete
  5. @Hobgoblin238: First I'd like to thank you for sharing your experience in this matter. I read your previous posts last week and found them incredibly insightful along with the websites you linked to.

    Coincidentally, the day prior to reading your posts, I had lunch with one of my uncles, who became a full-fledged JW recently at the urging of my grandmother and who is having some serious problems with his wife and kids. My grandmother's followed the religion for most of her adult life, but was unsuccessful in converting her ex-husband (my grandfather), her daughter (my mother), who was incidentally banned from the Kingdom Hall as a youth because she had a boyfriend (this was in the 70s) and myself or my brother, thankfully because of our father's influence. Yet, she's become much more dedicated to it over the past 15 years or so.

    After looking into it deeper, thanks to your posts, I feel that my uncle's troubles may be mostly due to his association with the JW. I don't like to go out of my way to bash anyones beliefs or any organization, but unfortunately in my experience JW most certainly do not have the truth and only exploit people's fears and ignorance to assimilate them into their religion.

    I celebrate your independence and hope you find the truths you're searching for. Life's too short to be obsessed with it's end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much 3B! It has taken a lot to even get this far. I left in 2010 and am just now getting a feel of who I am.

      Delete
  6. I have only had one older man come over to speak with me... Every one else is rather "scared" of "Stacey"... well the "rumor mill" of this area makes us out to be a "Devil worshiping, Body-Snatching Madman"... (and that is on a "good day")...
    He was a nice man and I enjoyed our discussions on ancient Mid-Eastern history... ( a topic we have studied for many years)

    ReplyDelete