Saturday, March 16, 2013

My story as a Jehovah's Witness part 2

This is part 2 of the history of my life associated with Jehovah's Witnesses.  It all goes downhill from here.  If it wasn't there already....Go read part 1 found on my blog.  I was surprised that 400 people read it in one day but only 4 comments. 

Early 2005 Gary Martin a friend, and I formed a business partnership with a sister named Ruth and I would be the money man. Money I had obtained by my father from a life insurance policy. I was still grieving hard over Dad's death and was still a little out of it. I was worried about my future. I didn't have a career at this point and what Ruth was selling sounded good.  She took 35 grand because she had TWO diamond mines in Africa. Said she needed that money to pay off lawyers in Liberia and the money was also for the trip she had to take there. Showed me the deeds etc. Assured me we were going to be rich and I would get 15% of whatever her cut was. It was a con and I never saw it coming. I trusted this sister as we are commanded to. She avoided me and changed congregations multiple times. That has been 7 years now. The Elders do not hold her at fault either which is incredulous. I trusted this sister as my faithful sister and she has screwed me.  I have the email correspondence sent between us that verifies all what I am saying.
This is the con artist...Ruth Harris....The witness that used the name of God for me to give her $35,000...I hate her.

In the years while I was waiting on faithful Ruth... Gary Martin, my friend who had reactivated me into being a witness and his wife were kind to me. I had lunch over at their house several times while they were helping me get over Dad's death. He, Ruth and I formed the partnership for the mining business etc. His wife Jean Martin, though she denies it to this day. was in on it as well. I trusted these people about Ruth. They became my new spirtual parents. Well Gary up and dies. Very sad for me. A year later I find out from Ruth that she has no plans to pay me back the money and the diamond mine isn't going to happen. I was devastated. She then says she owes me nothing. So I go to Jean to explain. Jean states she wants nothing to do with it!!! She was Gary's right hand and I felt as if she were betraying me.  She didn't want to hear anything bad about what Ruth was doing and that she was a faithful sister. Talk about a punch in the stomach. I thought this woman was a nice woman! I think she was paid off by Ruth.So sad as she was a second mother to me. She still thinks I am involved with the truth so she has no reason to act like I am the Devil. Well at least until I come out of the closet with this blogpost.
Jean and I....She shunned me for a year and wouldn't take phone calls. ALL because I was asking Ruth where my money was after 4 years. I made up with her just to get information etc. Turns out she did do sort of the right thing and tell an Elder what Ruth had done. But that still doesn't excuse her for saying that all witnesses do bad because we are imperfect and whatever other shit she came up with.  I feel Ruth conned me...This is a major sin Jean, not just some oops slip of the tongue.


Depression continued. I finally went to my psychotic mother to take care of her because she was having hip surgery. She not being a witness had contempt for them. I was going to change that in her. She had an idea to move to Mexico. I thought that was perfect for my depression considering everywhere I turned in Atlanta I thought of my loving father. So I sold my house to this brother who had been a worker in architecture for my father.
Al. Nice brother and so humble. He has agreed to hold onto my father's original Frank Lloyd Wright drawings. My father's creations for me until I am able to return to Atlanta to obtain them. Will he shun me and refuse to give me my stuff in the future? I hope not. Time will tell.

Late 2006 So we moved to Mexico. I started with a hall there. Met another non witness gal. Got her a study which she stayed at for a year. Well to make a long story short my mother´s Joan Crawford like behavor led to me moving out.  Thrown out is more like it.  We owned the house we purchased in mexico as duel owners.  Mother used her money to remove my name from the deed and put it in her name.  Mother and I also shared a storage area together in Atlanta.  I BEGGED Al who was in Atlanta to go to it and get my stuff out since I was in Mexico and he had a key before my mother got back to Atlanta and threw all my things away.  He didn't.  He didn't pick up anything that a supposed friend would do knowing I was in a dire strait in Mexico.  So......Mother threw away all of my belongings.  THANKS AL!  All of my precious possessions and some stuff that my father had left me as well.  Personal keepsakes one cannot just buy again.

The girl, Silvia and I decided to get married. I was away in Mexico and none of the brothers from the states ever much gave me a phone call even though I had called them multiple times. So we were attending a hall together. I needed work to do in Mexico because as a foreigner it is kind of difficult obtaining good employment. So I started my own restaurant and bar. I bought a house that I installed both with. 2 years of hardwork and I formed the Monster Café. A café based on the Universal Monster movies. I felt like I needed a gimmick to get the people to come in. Little did I know the Circuit Overseer and the Elders would be pissed too. They announced to my wife and I that we were practicing spiritism by having this Monster Café. Silvia stopped studying because of this harassment. I bit my lip and made changes in the restaurant. Erasing fangs etc.

2009 The Elders NEVER even came back to see if I made the changes so after a year of running it I changed it back to what it was. I thought I had good friends in Atlanta and not ONE besides Carl and Elias has ever called me. I called around 25 witnesses many times and not one inquired as to my phone number. Witnesses at first of course not the Elders used to come in my restaurant on the weekends.  It was around in late 2009 I started investigating on the internet Jehovah's Witnesses.  After ALL the letdowns and the screwjob by Ruth.  Wow.  My mind was really opened.  The witnesses had lied to me on a number of subjects.  Thanks to JWFACTS.COM!   So I quit going to the kingdom hall. Since I left and said I am attending a different hall the oh so loving brothers in Saltillo haven´t come in 3 years. Some love.  Also it came to my attention that my own mother paid off a notary to remove my name from the deed of the house we owned together in Mexico.  I started suing her for my half of the property 3 YEARS LATER. As of this writing the JW brother named Mark Turford, that sold us the house, has illegally rented it out without my knowledge.  I live 10 hours and never knew till much later.  Witnesses are grossly dishonest eh?  2010-2011 Even read Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz. NEVER knew about that book when I was a witness. Perhaps the word needs to get out about it. A HUGE thanks to my real mother Anne Early!  You have been a blessing in my life.  She is the one that sent me Crisis of Conscience.  It helped me alot.


The Elders didn't do ANYTHING to Ruth. No punishment whatsoever! So I guess it is ok to rob from your brothers...I had a signed agreement and everything. But because of Ruth's very conning manuvers of me AND that I had moved to Mexico the term limits may be expired by now.  As witnesses it is commanded that you are not allowed to sue another witness....How convienent for Ruth..  I am sure the bible says you should not cheat them out of money either...2011 So I went to an attorney anyways. Sarah Wayman.. A Witness attorney who I thought had my best interests in tow. She could help. She knew Dad and would do something where the Elders had not. Um no....She will not take the case. Not because Ruth is a witness...but because she feels Ruth has no money. Did she talk to Ruth? No...She talked to the head Elder in charge. She offered NO explanation to me. Theocratic love strikes again...

She talked to this Elder. Timothy Galfas. The man had a reputation for getting things done. So I talked to him too. He interviewed Ruth. She ADMITTED she took my money. He told me nothing could be done. No disfellowshipping of her or anything of the kind. So If I were smoking I would be kicked out of the organization SO fast it would make my head spin but this "sister" cons me out of $35,000 and she is as right as rain. Unbelievable!



So I also bought In Search of Christian Freedom also by Raymond Franz. It is amazing! I hug the book every night and WISH I could have met the author.  I even ordered Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron.  It is an ok book.  But really Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom are all one needs to read to find out the truth about Jehovah's Witnesses.  I plan to do another read through all in good time.  I finally feel like my life is mine again.  I have taken the last two years to find out who I really am.  I am against all organized religion now.  That is for sure.  The things in these two books are not told to the flock of Jehovah's Witnesses.  We have no idea what really goes on as laymen.

  In my experience being a witness some of it has been good. Kept me out of trouble and I made 2 or 3 friends from it. I am sure all of that will change when they read this blog. I am SURE the Elders in Saltillo will come to find me to disfellowship me.  But now is the time for me.  I devoted many years to this religion.  I need to make up for lost time.  I avoided many books, movies, and other ways of thinking because they were considered demonic etc..Things that are just ridiculous...Like old bookshelves.  They are considered possibly demonic in this wacky religion.

2012 So this is my wife and I on the left with our team at Monster Cafe Saltillo. The COOLEST restaurant this side of the border.  I am crazy about my wife.  Without her I would not have had the courage to make this post.  Thanks honey!

2013 So so far I have lost my suit against my mother for control over my half of the house...This crooked country Mexico has it's judges paid off.  As of this writing today there is a 3rd judgment that I must win if I am to win the case.    I have had too many disappointments when it comes to my life.
2014
I WON THE THIRD JUDGEMENT!  Which means I won the case.  Justice at last!

  This is it!  
So in the end I did enjoy some aspects of being a witness. The feeling of security etc.  I am even starting to grow a beard....Lord have mercy!  See folks a beard is one of the ultimate acts of disobediance....Can you see why it is a cult?  It will be a new world for me because I have NO friends who are not witnesses so to speak of.  And the witness friends that I DO have will no doubt turn their backs on me.  But really how I feel is below.
I think this open letter is very apt. It was not written by me but applies VERY well to my situation except the children part. Just substitute children with friends. Also is interspersed with pics of JW teachings with my own thoughts in bold.

An Open Letter to Jehovah’s Witnesses

You may not remember, but I know you very well. I met you a long time ago when you came to my house with your smiling faces, your neat clothes, and your soft voices and a Bible tucked neatly under your arm. You told me many beautiful stories of a “paradise earth,” and a “righteous new system” which would be established shortly. You beguiled me; I listened and I let you teach me your form of Christ-dignity.

I loved you, I devoted most of my life to you, I was loyal and obedient, never realizing that one day I would come to disagree with everything you had to say. When I first met you and learned of the “paradise,” little did I know that in order to get to that paradise, I would have to walk over the dead bodies of beloved family, cherished friends, and casual acquaintances, because they didn’t want to be Jehovah’s Witnesses. With your soft, sweet voices, and gentle manner, you convinced me that everything and everyone who did not agree with you was “evil.”

I came to believe that other churches were bad and of the devil, and so were their members. I became convinced that all the governments were wicked, including my own, and that I was not to support the country in which I lived. I believed you; I loved you, trusted you, and served you and never suspected that you were capable of deceiving me.


I loved you so much that I raised my precious children as Jehovah’s Witnesses. I taught them that you were trustworthy and true followers of God and Jesus. I trained them to believe your every word. How could I have known that in the future you would steal my own flesh and blood from my arms and prevent them from seeing me because I would come to disagree with you? I never noticed the fangs of oppression and tyranny that lurked behind those gentle smiles.

I never knew that I would be expected to hand over my mind, soul, and spirit to you, and if I were to ever want them back, you would hold my children as hostages and no amount of begging and tears would release them from your grip because they had been raised to look at you as being God, rather than mere men.

When I came to you, I was young and pretty and impressionable, looking for a relationship with God, my Creator. But through slick words and empty speeches you convinced me that I was not really a child of God, that my duty was to the organization-that THEY would tell me what to do and how to think. Through years of domination and manipulation I began to accept the meager food that was being offered to me, and became willing to accept it as the true “spiritual” food from the Master, while all the time feeling the gnawing at my body.
On the magazine cover it says that these old people will not die....On the right it seems that every single one of them is dead. Another false prophecy by Jehovah's Witnesses.



Finally, I discovered that I had been robbed of my joy, my love, my compassion, and my mercy, and it was replaced with legalistic doctrinal formula which provided me with fear, guilt, and anxiety to fill my hunger. When I said, “I want more than this,” you slapped me with your soft little hand, which had now turned into an iron fist of oppression.

Yes, you fooled me all along; your deception was because you had been fooled too, a long time ago, by others who had taken you captive to their dictatorial reign of terror. You convinced me that the words of men were the words of God because you really thought it was true. I believed you because you were gentle, soft spoken, and carried the Bible tucked under your arm.
Predictions that supposedly came from God about the end of the world to happen in 1975. False prophets indeed.  Nothing was EVER told to people that came in later like I did.  I knew none of this when I was baptized in 1994.  The organization hides this information.


You told me that you had “freedom” and it was only later, when I tried to escape your brand of “freedom” that I discovered that the iron bars of the gate had been shut and I was at your mercy because, by this time, you had already gained control of my mind and my emotions. I cried and begged you to please let me go, and you said, with your firm, roaring voice, “not until I have stripped you naked” and you did.

You stripped me of my dignity, my self-respect, my honor, and my FAMILY! You told all my family and friends that I was demonic, evil, an apostate, a spiritual fornicator, and good for nothing but total destruction by your angry God whom you had tried to pass off as a God of “love.”
If I hadn't opened Monster Cafe I would be on the street. This article was written in 1987. Imagine the ruined lives the Watchtower has caused.


They believed you, and they still believe you, because their eyes are blinded by the promise of “paradise” and they cannot “see” the Hell that surrounds them.

The ever illusive “paradise” is held out to the gullible like a carrot in front of the nose of a rabbit, and causes them to sacrifice their family, friends, careers, education, hopes and dreams on the altar of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Now I’m older, now I’m wiser, but now it is too late- life is fast slipping away. Through my tears, I cry out for my beautiful daughter and grandchildren, but you grip them tighter and tighter and tell them that YOU will be their “mother.” And so you are, and so you are! I begged to recapture my honor and my dignity, but you laughed with your bright, shining teeth, and said, “No way, you’re on your own.”

Somehow those soft, pretty words weren’t soft and pretty anymore, but words of slander, abuse, hatred, and hostility- and you said them in such a way that others would think that you were righteous and I was evil. You lied about me, but no one will believe you LIED because they trust you-that’s because you are soft spoken, gentle, and carry a Bible tucked neatly under your arm.

Well....I hope you all enjoyed my story. It rings true as it does with many endeavoring to leave this cult. I wonder if the last part will be true but by viewing other people who have gone through this I am sure it will be. Once you are kicked out you are considered to be dead by them.  I wish I had found out this truth YEARS ago.  I am going to miss my friends if they have to obey the governing body and shun me.  I will miss them.  I do love those guys....I just cannot live a lie anymore. If you ever find yourself wanting to know about the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses through unfiltered eyes....Go to JWFACTS.COM





I love Jehovah God. I love Jehovah’s Witnesses…as individuals. However, I accept no designation but Christian and do not choose to divide off my association based on denomination. We are not monsters. We are not mentally diseased. We are not villains. Never forget: Jesus was accused of apostasy, as was the Apostle Paul, and the early Christians.
Apostate is a label, part of the loaded language that prevents meaningful dialog. The very word is designed to put fear in the hearts of listeners. It creates Information Control.
Far from being full of lies, half-truths and misrepresentations, we are simply people who love truth. This is why we can no long follow the Organization.

Remember my witness friends who may be reading this.  I am the same old Matthew.  

34 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting you are not alone in the quest for the truth!
    I was born 1957 3rd generation JW and have NO shame speaking out against the Watchtower abuses.
    Number #1 lie of the Jehovah's Witnesses is the date for Jesus return aka second coming October 1914.
    --
    Danny Haszard Bangor Maine FMI dannyhaszard(dot)com
    I am the Watchtower whistleblower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stories like this are the main reason I have sworn off taking part in organized religion. If there's a God, I'm sure he'd rather I enjoy the life I've been given, and if there's a Hell, I'd like to think that some of these supposed "Christians" will find themselves lined up outside its gates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe there is a hell. And I agree...Organized religion is nothing but control tactics.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your story! We all have one but it takes courage and talent to share it in an understandable way. My path away from the org. led me to atheism and it has brought my happiness but I respect that you are still searching for a path to spirituality and god.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...After doing some critical thinking which was denied me for so long I have mucho questions...

      Delete
  4. I am glad that you have decided to leave this nonsense behind. I am Agnostic because I finally learned to think for myself- it's because of ignorance that a large portion of organized religions have dumbed down our society which directly threatens our future evolution as a developed, harmonious human race. I'd suggest you forget those people, all the ways they've wronged you, and leave in peace. Take your life back- be happy. Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with everything you just said. It is tough to forget the abuse. It was almost 20 years of my life.

      Delete
  5. Ok Hobby I have read your story and I want to say am glad to see you have your life back where it should be. When I read things like this it is hard for me to comment on because it is such a personal deal and I like to leave things to be enjoyable and fun and not get so serious into it if that makes sense. But am glad now I know more of your backstory and it will make me smile even more when I see something you blog about that you are enjoying or when you show a picture of you and your wife together because I know you traveled a long and rough road to get where your at and that is a better place my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jboy! I hope to do some future toy trades with you one day. Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  6. the late Robert Burns said this about religion that "All religions are old wives' fables, but an honest man has nothing to fear, either in this world or the world to come".

    Truly, it takes guts to break free from the chains of religion when we have some of our fellow apes who think they have the authority over our lives because they have God on their side. I'm so glad I started leaning towards reason and science 7 years ago, and I've been happy every since! Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Religion is opium for the masses...

      Delete
  7. WOW...This is why I refuse to join any groups that would have me. People are horrible and always have been since the beginning of time. All we can do is learn from these horrible experiences. I have been having some ennui about myself life right now too. To bad we can't just bitch over beers and burittos. Be strong my brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took sometime because it is not apparant right away. The internet has been EXTREMELY helpful. I joined pre internet when this information was not available out there. And witnesses HIDE their history.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing your story. Letting go of the past is always best. Now that you have, I foresee an amazing turn around for you. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Here's to a great future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks for commenting! It is a great future. I own my own business. Life is pretty good right now.

      Delete
  9. What a Story! Man.....I would be pissed too, with a "sister" taking 35k and running off, acting like nothing happened. That Bitch will get what's coming to her one day. It's good that you're are in a good position now and enjoying life. I've faded 3 years ago and I'm still trying to recover. Trying to find out what to do with my life. I HATE THAT JW ORG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as you know in the witnesses you are not allowed to sue anyone. If I called the Elders as witnesses in a case against her they would surely not testify. They allow judgement to be preverted.

      Delete
  10. Hey Matthew, It's hard for me to comment on this .... well because I was with you only through a short period of your life and I only knew a sliver of this and did not realize the magnitude of this. I know we were young but wow, I feel really ignorant. Thanks for sharing your story and struggles ... it really proves how tenacious, determined and vulnerable you to are to become the great man you were and are today. I'm glad we have kept in touch sporadically throughout the years so I can say I have a great friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad that you have had more trials than Job! Next time you are in Atlanta, we will eat at the Varsity like you, me and your Dad once did! Ruth will be gang fucked with me at the helm, and Uncle Al (the kiddy's Pal) will relinquish all of your Dad's drawings with my .357 pointed at his forehead - that fucking JW Cuban! Give me a heads-up before you fly into Atlanta and I will personally pick you up at the airport
    Dick Jones
    OCP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell my wifey all the time about how you used to crack me up. Peanut butter on the finger for the dog, showing me your food at the Varsity etc. Love you man! Cannot wait to visit!

      Delete
  12. Disgusting. Lnowing all of these people first hand makes it all the more shocking, though I a was more jaded on people in general by the time i "fell away" in my teens. Mine was more of a philosophical crisis of faith, and after doing some soul searching realized that all JWs do is sophisticated mind control techniques. I would refer Ruth to the FBI for the scam and at least scare the shit oit of her. She committed a crime. Statute of limitations may not have passed yet. Just know that regardless of religion, there does exist karma and those practicing evil will indeed "reep what they sow" to borrow a phrase we know so well. If this really was such sn enlightened religion, i doubt you would find so much hate, prejudice, fear mongering and suppression of thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do that! But being in Mexico has it's limitations...

      Delete
  13. To avoid the shunning misery, there has got to be a way for entire family units to walk away from this "Monster", no offence to your cafe and bar, WatchTower TRACT society, publishing giant, disguised as a religion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing your story. You are not alone, you are one of many that now know the truth about "The Truth".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. That stuff was hidden from us.

      Delete
  15. I am so glad that I happened upon your blog posts. I was raised a JW and remained in the organization until I was 19. It took me a long time to de-program my mind. I am happy to say that I am a Christian now and that it is very different than being a Witness. We are commissioned to love. We do not have to think or belief the same way but we are to love one another. I realize now that I see very little love among the JW's now that I am on the outside looking back in. And the love they do show is quite conditional. I am so glad people are sharing their stories (as painful as they might be) in hopes that the eyes will be opened for those who are thinking about studying or becoming members. I also find writing to be therapeutic. If you would like you can check out part of my story at thetruthunveiled.net.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My grandfather was a JW and a professional carpenter. He was told that he needed to witness door to door or else... He said that he was not good talking to strangers but that he would use his God-given talent as a carpenter to build anything they needed. He was shunned (or kicked out) for that.

    Your story is very powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole thing is out of whack! How they shun people it is ridiculous!

      Delete