Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Toy Tuesday- Halloweeny...

Just to give a little bit of my background....I was in a cult for around 20 years before I woke up and realized it.  Found out some TRUE stuff about it that was hidden from me.  I took it hard thinking this was God's truth on Earth.  I was deceived.  I have read some books about cults now and feel really good about where I am at now.  This cult forbid the celebrating of Halloween...Imagine that!  Me with a Monster Cafe not being able to celebrate halloween!!!!  So.........This is my first Halloween Toy that I have gotten after all this time.
Look at me!  As giddy as a school girl!  We have it right in our reception area this month at the Monster Cafe.
Yeah this is my first pumpkin in many years.  I love it!  It lights up and doesn't decay!  No messy carving or making pumpkin pie that my chef probably couldn't do anyways...
So now I am dancing like this that I finally can celebrate Halloween!  So far the cult has not disfellowshipped me yet but I imagine they soon will.  What disfellowshipping is is that they cut you off from your family forever unless you cowtow and return to them.  After reading these books though...

I would be hard pressed to return...
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. My wife was raised as a part of the same group you are referring to, and when she hit highschool she decided she wanted no more of it. She was worried her dad would shun her, (and he was supposed to) but he never did. Ever since then she's participated in Halloween, Christmas, Birthday celebrations, etc. all the stuff she didn't do as a kid. Those things are not necessary to have a happy life by any means... but she enjoys them and has the freedom to enjoy them as she wants. It's cool to see you getting so excited about Halloween! Hang in there. Religions and the way we practice them can be so unifying in some cases, and so divisive in others. My wife recently read a book by a woman named Kyria Abrahams called "I'm perfect, You're Doomed" which is about a woman who got out of the same group but with a lot of humor and insight. You might really enjoy it. Be true to yourself and your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check it out. Again kind of hard to get good english books here in Mexico. The ones above are probably two of the best considering they were written by a former governing body member. It is about as high as one can go in it. If she EVER had any doubts about is it the truth etc. The books help tremendously.

      Delete