Look at him laughing off that blow by Colossus! That surely would have put the Hulk on his knees. But not Gladiator....My favorite moment of him is Fantastic Four 249 written by John Byrne.
Check out what he does to the Thing!
He knocks him through 7 cars!!! Never seen the Hulk do that, no sir.
Then he slams a BUS on top of him. And HE IS A PEGWARMER?!?!
CLEARLY teenagers today have no idea who this guy is. He is a powerhouse and if anyone belongs on the Avengers it is THIS guy!
I sure hope they make the rest of the Imperial Guard. I think I´ll give my top 5.
1. Neutron- This Colossus lookalike just looks cool.
2. Titan-We need more gigantic guys in the Marvel Universe figures.
3. Manta- I love when she took out Nightcrawler during the Dark Phoenix saga.
4. Starbolt- He looks hotter than the Human Torch!
5. Smasher- He looks easy enough to make. I suppose he reminds me of Wonder man.
I didn´t list Warstar because the Toybiz one is PERFECT for his character in relation to Marvel Universe figures. Check it out.
Now I have neither one of these figures mind you but I USED to have Warstar! That was from the selling off of 2003 when I thought I was too grown up for toys...Arghhh....
I know the Imperial Guard is somehow a ripoff of the Legion of Superheroes but not to my eye. I was a Marvelite back then and had no knowledge of DC. So LOSH is a ripoff of the imperial guard! There! It´s my blog and yeah I said it. Also I know most out there wanted to see Fang added to the list but to me he wasn´t a guardsman for very long. He got killed by the Brood early on.