Sunday, August 19, 2012

I just love Dungeons and Dragons...However...

I have really no idea how to play.  I colleced the original modules and books but had no idea on what to do with them! 
These books are great!  Especially the Monster Manuel.  I almost memorized every character in there.  They had monsters for everything.  Monsters that looked like ceilings or floors even!
They had all kinds of stuff in their.  Including demons.  I always as a kid just skipped those parts though.  Too scary for me.  It bothers me the inclusion of such things but the regular monsters were ok in my book.  One day back in 82 Robby Trott played with me.  He had some modules.  I wonder where that kid is now.  This is the one we played.
The lost caverns of Tsojcanth....Or something like that.  I had to use characters that he already had.  I ended up wiping out half of the party in the first encounter.  He was so mad he ripped up his character sheets.  So funny!  I hope to have some D&D books in the future or at least modules.  When Dad died I sold everything.  Do not ever do that.  When a loved one dies keep everything for a year and THINK before acting....Oh well.  So just recently I had a sign made.  This sign will hang over my D&D collection one day. 

Right now it hangs on the floor.  Wifey wants to repaint the inside of the house before hanging anything up....

I collected all the figures too!  Later that Fortress of Fangs became the Cobra fortress after watching the Mass Device cartoon.
One day I will have the modules and books again.  Even the toys.  Maybe I will even learn how to play the darned thing.  I mean look at this kid!  He has to be the coolest kid in the world!  I wanna be him!


 

14 comments:

  1. I have a different problem, no one to play with!! I collect the manuals and modules too, I read them like a book at keep track of how it goes through the map. Its really interesting how much thought is put into just one module!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I had no one to play with either. I sure did like the stuff though.

      Delete
    2. Back in the 80's and early 90's I had people to play with. Then I joined the army and didn't have the time. These days nobody to play with though.

      Delete
  2. I want that Fortress of Fangs myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read the books or played the game but i did own two D&D toys as a kid.The silver knight I found at a Convenience store and on my birthday I received the big Gold colored dragon/lion.It had a huge mane and wings too!Very cool stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the knight. Paladin! Never had the lion though.

      Delete
  4. The most fun for me was acquiring and painting the little characters that I would play with. I enjoyed the superhero version of DUNGEONS more because I was a comic book guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had no idea there was a superhero version...

      Delete
  5. Our D&D action figure collection is growing slowly but nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. También soy de Saltillo, no se jugar, pero tengo tiempo con el interés y la curiosidad de entrarle, conoces a mas gente que juegue? a un amigo y a mi nos gustaría entrarle, nos late ese rollo del rol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here! I had a lot of these books and modules, but never played the game. I just liked looking at them!

    ReplyDelete